Saturday 20 November 2010

Pancakes


Yup, that is what I decided to have for breakfast - PANCAKES. Yummm :)

I'm afraid I have a confession to make...I may actually prefer American Pancakes (with syrup) to English Crepe pancakes...

Anywaaaay! So since cereal is off the menu and I'm out of bread...I decided to give pancakes a go. I'm not sure if this will go any better than cereal, but it's worth a try. And they're OH SO tasty :) I also offered pancakes to my boyfriend who said he'd like just one. So he's getting the first pancake. Maybe not the best decision since the first one ALWAYS goes wrong.

I'm slowly getting the hang of pancakes, slooowly. Some days they go wonderfully, other days (like today)...not so much. It's not like I'm doing anything complicated, we use Bisquick! So I just put a load of the stuff into a bowl, add an egg and some milk, mix it up and voila! Pancake mix! WHYYYY do I struggle so?!

Well I always get the pan temperature wrong, I always try and flip it (with a spatula, not throwing it into the air) way too soon...and I never seem to get the proportions quite right. I like it really pretty thick, which is why my boyfriend is getting the first one, in theory his is how it's supposed to be, mine is how I personally like it!

His didn't turn out particularly well though...it was a little thinner than it should be...I tried to flip it waaay too soon so a bit of it stuck to my spatula and pulled away from the rest of the pancake...so he wound up with a pancake that didn't even SLIGHTLY resemble a circle! Ah well, he's eating it anyway!!

I just asked if it was edible and was told "It's interesting...but it's fine!!". I asked what was so "interesting" about it and he wasn't sure, he asked if I put an egg in it...I did...so he has no idea what's up with it! Now I'm a little concerned about my own pancakes...!

Well I just ate one, smothered in syrup and it tasted fine, so I guess I have to split it into two -

Boyfriends Pancake - FAAAIL!
My Pancake - SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment