Monday 22 November 2010

'Arry Pottah!


That's right, the next installment of Harry Potter has been released, and it is AMAZING! We saw it on Saturday :) The whole time from leaving the car until going in to sit down, my boyfriend kept saying - "Go on...say it again...say it again pleeaaase". It amuses him when I say "Harry Potter" because I "sound like the people on the movie!". I was slightly concerned that other people would think that I was taking the mick ("making fun"), and not realise that I'm actually British! Oh well :p

The cinema was craaazy. We were there 40 minutes early (the website gave us the wrong time) and the foyer was STILL absolutely packed...and people just kept arriving!! I asked the woman serving us if they were ALL for Harry Potter. Yup! They were! Apparently it had been even crazier that day than it had the day it opened, I guess only the hardcore people go to the cinema in the week!!

I think just about every seat in the screen was filled, we got pretty good seats thankfully (I'm amazed they didn't start allocating them). I've never seen a cinema so full!! And finally ... IT BEGAN!

It was absolutely amazing, definitely the best yet. We talked about it aaaaaaall the way home, we both LOVED IT. And are already making plans to see it again!! The effects were brilliant (Dobby looked REAL, but the voice was different?!), the scripting was masterful (you went from laughing to crying instantly...or I did anyway!), the acting fabulous...I absolutely and utterly LOVED IT.

I had a couple of things that bothered me a little, like their constant use of the word "Sir". We don't generally use that in the UK, unless we work in a high-end hotel or we're talking to our teacher. Especially if we know your surname ("last name"). For instance when they were talking to Luna Lovegood's father, we would typically call him "Mr Lovegood", not "Sir". That's a far more American way of talking, but the writer (other than J K Rowling) was American so I suppose it's ok. They did use the right slang and swear words, without sounding contrived, so I'll forgive them that one oversight :P The other thing was what Godric's Hollow looked like, I'm sorry but I've never seen a British village that looks like that! It was all Tudor architecture - the white with the black beams. I've seen buildings look like that...but not a whole village. It was the ultimate stereotype! At least there were no thatched roof cottages I suppose...!!

Other than being nitpicky over things like that, I had very little bad to say about it! It was just...brilliant. BLOODY brilliant in fact :P I TOTALLY recommend it! Go see it! Go now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment