Thursday 18 November 2010

Beginning a new blog


As my family and friend's know, I've been trying to learn how to cook and bake to keep me busy while I'm over in the USA. I've always wanted to improve my seriously lacking skills in this department, but never had enough time on my hands. Well, what better time to start than living in America for 6 months where I spend 8 hours out of each day left to my own devices!

I've been facebooking or emailing most attempts, but after watching the film "Julie and Julia" (which I quite enjoyed) I decided I might start trying to blog about it. This idea was strongly encouraged by my Mum who says she "needs a laugh"! Thanks Mum :P

So that's the logic behind this blog, now to start blogging :) By the way, any suggestions for my "Blog Description"? I want something that sums up the whole : Mediocre English cook trying to find my way around a foreign kitchen. But I want it to sound nicer than that :P

Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable and you must continue your cooking practice, as Julia said, practice makes perfect. Your doing terrific :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Lollipop looked at the picture on this post and sang "Burfday oo uu" :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think her burfday DID uh-oh! But she looks very pleased with it :)

    Thanks Lana, thought you haven't tried any of them yet :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete