Saturday 27 November 2010

My food smells "Divine"!!

I didn't have anything blog worthy, I don't tend to try new things over the weekend. But today my Boyfriend has a couple of friends over (kids of a friend of his, they're 14 and 18). I pretty much leave them to their own devices on nights like these, they just sit and game for hooours!! My boyfriend had leftover lasagne (kindly provided by his Mom and Step-Dad) and salad for his dinner, but I have time on my hands, no left overs for me!

I decided to have burger and chips ("fries"), pretty much my favourite dish here, apart from steak :) I prefer homemade chips, they're crunchier and tastier and generally better :) So I simply peeled a couple of potatoes, coated them in oil and put them in the oven. I did try and put them on tinfoil as cleaning the baking tray is a PAAAIN. This didn't work out so well, I try and turn the chips as often as possible but they aaalways stick. They stuck to the tin foil...trying to unstick them and turn them just ripped the foil and made it slide aaaall over the tray! ARGH! I gave up on the tinfoil pretty quick!! When they were nearly done I fried the burger, put Hickory Smoke and mozzerella cheese on it, and nothing else (well, bbq sauce on the bun). Overall, simple but tasty dinner :) Not quite blog worthy, right?

Well as it was almost done the two boys (growing boys, always hungry, noses like dogs for food!) noticed I was cooking..."I smell BBQ...why is that?" "Something smells sooo good..." "What are you MAKING? It smells DIVINE!!" This set my Boyfriend off laughing, "I think you've got some fans here!!". It certainly sounded like I did :)

So there you have it people, my food smells DIVINE! It tastes pretty good too!! :)

Guessing that makes it a - SUCCESS! (Both olfactory and gustatory! lol...gustatory..)

PS. This blog doesn't get a photo, I can't find a photo that looked even half as good as my actual meal! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are getting good at this cooking lark :-) Either that or you are getting your confidence back :-) Well done either way :-)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete