Monday 16 January 2012

Day 9 - The Happiness Project

Sadly I didn't have much to smile about yesterday, as my poor hubby was really quite unwell. He was very pale, couldn't stop shivering and was absolutely burning up - 24 hour stomach bug from hell it seemed. My poor baby :(

He spent a fair amount of the day in bed, and I had an Extreme Makeover : Home Edition marathon.

That made me realise how very lucky I am. I have a beautiful home, so kindly rented to us by our friends, I have a great car, loaned to us by my Dad, I have the most wonderful husband a girl could ever hope for, and we both (mostly) have our health. We have so many things that we take for granted, that so many others have to live without.

I might have had a weekend that was a little...well, lonely...but my husband was only temporarily ill, and he was here, with me, in the same house. That's something worth being thankful for, since a large portion of our relationship we've been 6000 miles apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment