Monday 16 January 2012

Day 10 - The Happiness Project

Woke up with some serious Monday Blues this morning! I was quite shocked to realise it was time to wake up, it felt more like 3am than 7am! Terribly disappointing. Luckily my day did improve :)

  1. I came back to a case that had left my mind boggled on Friday, and it wasn't that bad after all. Which is good, I'd been worrying about it all weekend!
  2. One of the team leaders specifically requested that *I* rejoin her team, which was a huuuge compliment.
  3. Several members of the team I currently sit with all leaped to fight my corner, insisting that I stay sat with them, as I'm still learning and they can help me. I'd be left to flounder with a whole bunch of other people, also still in training, if I moved. Plus they felt I'd been shuffled around a lot and it was unfair. I'm happy to move wherever I'm told (I'm just a temp after all), but I was quite panicked at the thought of leaving the safe haven of that team! They've been so fantastic, helping me out whenever I need it. I was really worried that I was a nuisance, but them jumping to my defense...I was really touched :)
  4. Watching Kung Fu Panda with my hubby, who seems a LOT better today. I'm not sure I'm happy with the thought of him going to work tomorrow morning, since he's hardly eaten all day and he's got quite a physically taxing job.
  5. I managed to NOT lose control of my car, despite skidding on the ice twice today. I was able to calmly and gently regain control and continue safely on my way :) And I now have de-icer and a non-broken ice scraper for my car - so I won't have to spend quite so long in the freezing air, scraping so much ice off my car in the morning!
All in all, a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment