Monday 9 January 2012

Day 3 - The Happiness Project

Good evening to you all!

Today is a Monday and it's back to the grind, but that hasn't stopped me coming up with a few things that made me smile today -

  1. There was a very lovely sunrise out of my kitchen window this morning, which made me smile as I got ready for work - a difficult thing to do!
  2. I got to spend my lunch break with my very lovely husband
  3. This one originally started off as a thing that made me frown - I had hoped to get my test results back already, and was disappointed that I hadn't. Then I remembered - I'm very lucky to live in a country with free health care. I don't have to worry about how much it will cost me for my trip to the doctor, or my ultrasound that I'm being referred to, or any medication I might be prescribed.
  4. Tomorrow I'll be starting a new and interesting challenge at work (though if that still has me smiling tomorrow remains to be seen!). My team leaders have shown a huge amount of trust in my abilities by putting me forward for this, and I'm very touched by the gesture.
  5. Driving home the nightsky was a beautiful sapphire blue and filled with lovely stars. The moon was huge and a stunning shade of silver. It was fabulous.
  6. Once again, dinner smells niiiice! Damn I'm a good cook ;p
Hope you all had a great Monday!

Edit : I also managed to finish this post before my pasta boiled over! that alone is a great reason to smile - no big mess to clean up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment