Saturday 7 January 2012

Day 1 - The Happiness Project

Today I have many things to be thankful for and happy about.

  1. Hubby and I are both employed, which is something to be grateful for in this economic climate. I like my job, I like my team leaders, and we've all recently had almost a £1 pay-rise. I got the opportunity to go to work and do 4 hours of over-time at Time and a Half, the money for which could pay for a Date Night (dinner and a film)
  2. When I got home, Hubby set up our new surround sound. This I'm doubly grateful for - I'm thankful that Hubby not only set it up, but cleaned it for. I'm also very thankful to my parents, who gave us their old surround sound when they bought a new one.
  3. This one isn't one from today, but from the whole week - I'd like to say a HUGE thankful to my Dad, who has very kindly picked Hubby up from work at 6am almost all week. The week would have been even more difficult if you hadn't, and I'm really grateful. Thank you Daddy :)
  4. Tonight we are joined by friends. Well, I say "we", mostly I mean Hubby. Two of our guy friends have come over for a Game Night, which makes me happy because it makes Hubby happy. I know he feels he has no friends here in the UK, and that he gets a little lonely. I love seeing him light up when people come over to see him - they didn't come over to shoot zombies with me after all!
  5. And, as I am each and every day, even if I don't show it - I'm thankful for my husband. He moved 6000 miles to be with me. That's a massive gesture of love and dedication. I know he gave up a lot to be here, including his family, friends, a very good job and almost all his possessions, but he did it anyway. Baby, I love you more with each day that passes, and you make me more happy than anything ever has. I thank all my lucky stars that Fate brought me to you. I couldn't ask for a better man to be married to.
So, what's made you happy today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment