Saturday 14 January 2012

Day 7 - The Happiness Project

Falling a little behind again, this isn't good - I'm only a week in!

Things that made me smile yesterday (Friday) -
  1. I've found this whole week to be very difficult at work, I feel like I've been thrown in at the deep end on something I don't fully understand and I'm just kind of fumbling along and hoping for the best. However, I am aware that once I get the hang of it, I'll really enjoy it and it'll really stretch me. I enjoyed what I was doing before, but this is something totally different and takes a serious amount of cognition. So, I suppose it's not making me smile yet, but there are smiles waiting on the horizon!
  2. Hubby TRIED to buy me an iced finger from the bakery to have with my lunch. Apparently the woman didn't hear him, but he asked twice and really did TRY. I'd mentioned a few days ago that I really liked iced fingers, but had thought he'd totally forgotten that I wanted one. So even though I didn't actually get to eat one, I appreciate that he tried!
  3. It was Friday - which means that the weekend was imminent, what's not to smile about?!
  4. I got to spend the evening with my lovely family, which is enough to make anyone smile!
  5. My siblings were so utterly pleased to see me. There's nothing quite like having a squealing bundle of curls fly across the room and rugby tackle you to the floor in a bear hug. It's sad that we lose that as we get older - the genuine utter delight in simply getting to see someone you love.
  6. Seeing how much they missed my hubby when he wasn't there. I was sad for them that they missed him, but I love how my family have welcomed him with open arms. My siblings adore him, they worship the ground he walks on, and he's absolutely fantastic with them. I couldn't have married him if he wasn't :)
  7. Seeing my little sister run across the room and leap on my Mum to give her a huge hug and tell her - "You da bestest Mummy in da WORLD". What had Mum done? She'd fixed one of her toys.
  8. Watching a two year old try and get ready for bed. It involved a whole lot of spinning in circles, like a dog chasing it's tail, and lying on the floor (also, rolling around in circles) kicking and muttering "Get OFF you stoopid fing!". She did eventually get herself entirely ready for bed, with only a little assistance and minimal tantrums - and with all the legs in the right holes and with her t-shirt the right way around! Quite a feat for a short tempered, strong minded little madam!
  9. Getting to tuck my little brother into bed. It's quite an honour to be chosen to be the one to tuck him in and kiss him goodnight - when hubby's there I don't get a look in! But it was nice to be the one he wanted :)
  10. Having my brother (who is an exceptionally intelligent, wonderful little boy, but has a couple of special needs, including mild autism) NOT freak out when he was told he couldn't have what he wanted for dinner. I'd offered to stop by the chippy on my way over, and he had requested a Steak and Kidney Pie. They didn't have any pies. He calmly decided he'd have 2 sausages instead - no tantrums, no melt-downs, absolutely no freak out over having a sudden change of plan. I was very proud :) It might seem like a little thing to most people, but he doesn't cope well with things suddenly changing, and apparently he'd been having a difficult day up to then, including a few tantrums and door slammings, so that was a pretty good thing for him :)
Phew! Think I had better stop there, apparently it was a very smiley day though :) Here's hoping that today goes just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment