Thursday 30 December 2010

I'm not starving him, honest!

I know I haven't been updating much recently, but that's just because I haven't been cooking anything new! Yesterday we had pork chops cooked in sauce (his Reggae Reggae that I brought from the UK, mine in BBQ) and mashed potatoes. Apparently I cooked his in the wrong sauce, that one was more of a dipping sauce than a meat sauce, but he ate it all the same :P And I can't make that mistake again as that was the last of it LOL

I didn't cook a Christmas dinner, his Mom and Step-Dad did and it was very tasty. They knew that I don't like turkey so they cooked beef, which happens to be my very favourite meat. It was marinated all day in some kind of sauce, then cooked on the BBQ outside, then finished in the oven, it was really nice - but not as nice as my Dad's cooking of course :) With it we had various veg (with carrots for me, I'll eat most veg but not green beans), and roast potatoes. I'd mentioned that in the UK we have roast potatoes and cook them in the pan with the meat, so it cooks in the meat juices. So their Mom cooked quartered them, rolled them in oil then in with the chicken (We had a little chicken too) they were tasty :) Overall a really lovely meal, that wasn't what I'd come to expect after Thanksgiving. Not saying that Thanksgiving wasn't lovely, just that it wasn't quite my kind of meal and this was all my favourite things!!

Sooo yes, I'm not starving my boyfriend or anything, I'm just not trying to make anything blog worthy! He seemed to quite enjoy the jam buns and the giant fairy cakes, as they all seemed to disappear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment