Tuesday 4 January 2011

Cooking for more than 2!

Yesterday my boyfriend was out at work with a friend of his, and sent me an email saying he'd invited his friend over for dinner and a film. I did have a mini-panic over cooking for someone OTHER than my boyfriend, but I got over it quickly enough :P

My boyfriend requested pork chops, chips ("fries") and salad, though I did technically make potato wedges lol

I managed, as usual, to over-cater, as I was trying to use up the last of the lettuce, so they got two pretty full plates. The potato wedges (potatoes chopped up into thick slices with the skin still on) had on them "extra spicey" spice (I don't know what else to call it, it just says "extra spicey" on the pot), garlic, salt and pepper. I made chips for myself (I don't like the potato skin) which just had salt and garlic. The pork chops had Hickory Smoke on them which made the whole house smell soooo good. The salad had lettuce, tomato and cucumber, with whatever dressing they put on themselves.

The pork chops took a little longer to cook than I thought, the wedges were done and the chops still pink in the middle! So I just chopped them up into pieces and they cooked pretty quick then.

My boyfriend's sister said it "looked like something out of a magazine" (the salad did look quite pretty I must admit!), the men were touched that I actually served it all up too (what kind of host would make them serve their own food!) and they totally cleaned their plates! No mean feat, trust me! Both seperately said that it was very tasty, which given their empty plates I think might have been sincere :)

Yay me! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment