Sunday 30 January 2011

Operation Beautiful

Now this is something I'd heard of before, on sites like www.givesmehope.com, but I'd never seen it in action, until a few days ago.

Operation Beautiful (http://operationbeautiful.com/) is to try and change the way women view themselves, to make them realise that they ARE beautiful. And all you do is put little post-it notes around; in bathroom stalls, on mirrors, in books...anywhere people will see them! All they have to say is "Smile, you're beautiful", or something more if you so wish.

My boyfriend lives in a small town, and we drive 20 minutes to do our grocery shopping. I was stunned to find on the bathroom mirror of the supermarket a note saying "Smile! You're beautiful!". And I did :)

I'd heard of this before so my surprise wasn't that someone would do that, just that word of it had reached all the way here! And even though I knew of Operation Beautiful, it still made my whole day :)

So I want you to reach out, post these anonymous little notes, and help women see their true beauty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment