Wednesday 22 December 2010

Hash Browns

Ah dear, this one was a bit of a disaster, but I was able to laugh it off!

I tend to get up in the morning and make my boyfriend breakfast before work, so that he can have a little more sleep before going out and working all day (I go back to bed once he's gone). His sister made hash browns a couple of days before and left the rest of the potatoes (mostly cooked) in the fridge, and instructions on how to make them on the counter so I could make them in the morning if I wished.

I decided to give this a go. Her directions were put a lot of oil in the pan, turn it up to 7, grate the potatoes into the pan and season with a LOT of "pizza seasoning". I also threw in some pepper and spice. Then "don't touch them at all until they go brown round the edges", the flip them over.

I followed all these instructions to the letter, but I think I waited til they were a little tooo brown round the edges. Plus now my pan was way hot and I cook eggs on 4, so my eggs were a little overcooked.

The problem is that the hash browns were a little too brown and dry looking, so didn't look wholly appetising. The main problem though was the taste. My boyfriend ate them all manfully but admittd they were "disgusting" and requested that I never use pizza seasoning on them again!! In his words "my sister eats some weird crap!!". He has offered to show me how to make them how HE likes though, with just salt and pepper I think!!

Woops!!

Ah well, we live and learn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment